What Information We Collect
In this Policy, “personal information” means information that can be used to identify you, and may include your name, address, phone number, birth date, billing and delivery information, email address, health information, and other demographic information. Your submission of personal information is entirely voluntary, but if you refuse or fail to provide certain personal information we may be unable to process or fulfill your request or provide you relevant services. The product or service that you seek will determine the personal information you are requested to provide.
Some of our Sites may offer you the ability to log in with your third-party social media accounts. If you choose to use such social media accounts in this manner, we and the applicable third-party social media
Some of our Sites may offer you the ability to log in with your third-party social media accounts. If you choose to use such social media accounts in this manner, we and the applicable third-party social media provider may exchange personal information to verify or fulfill the purpose of the connection.
In this Policy, “technical information” means information that does not identify you personally, and may include technical details regarding the device you use to access the Sites, such as IP address, operating system, browser, as well as usage and navigation information such as referral URLs, page views, location data (if location services are enabled), clicks, etc. Our systems automatically collect this kind of technical information when you interact with the Sites. Technical information also includes information that may originally have been personal information but has been aggregated or anonymized such that it cannot be used to identify any individual.
How We Collect Information
We collect personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us, for example when you create an account to become a registered user on our Sites, subscribe to our newsletters or publications, order a product or service from us, request information from us, participate in surveys, or otherwise communicate or interact with us or the Sites.
Additionally, our Sites and servers collect technical information in a variety of ways. One of these is through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our system to recognize you and your personalized settings, to better understand how you interact with the Sites, to monitor aggregate usage, and to optimize web traffic routing on our website. Most browsers have settings to disable or limit cookies, but please note that certain areas or features of the Sites may not be available or fully-functional if you choose to disable cookies for our websites. We may also use pixel tags, web beacons, or similar technologies to understand how our users interact with our Sites and emails. You may be able to disable some of these in your email account by disabling images in such emails. The Sites do not currently respond to “do not track” signals.
We may also use third party ad networks and data analytics firms, like Google Analytics, to track and analyze traffic on our Sites and to determine advertising effectiveness, browser types and website usage 2 trends, website and systems performance and to present targeted ads based on anonymous information. To learn more about Google Analytics’ privacy practices, you can visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en. To opt out of Google Analytics’ metrics, you can follow the instructions at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We Use Information
We may use your personal information to:
- fulfill the purposes for which you provided it to us (e.g., to create or update your user account, register you for promotions, newsletters, programs, services, or events, etc.)
- verify your identity or eligibility
- respond to your emails or other communications
- send and process surveys
- improve, maintain, and operate the Sites
- tailor advertisements or content to better suit your interests
- notify you about opportunities, events, or services you may be interested in, including those offered by our affiliates
- investigate and prevent possible fraud
- exercise or defend our rights and comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, including responding to lawful requests for information by governmental authorities
We may also use your personal information for other reasons with your prior consent. You can manage your account, limit alerts, or opt-out of future marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving promotional or marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the unsubscribe, opt-out, or similar link at the bottom of any such emails. Note that we may continue sending you non-marketing, administrative or transactional emails (about your account or services you have requested) even if you have opted out of receiving marketing messages.
We may use technical information (which does not identify you personally) for any manner we deem appropriate, including without limitation to improve, maintain, and operate the Sites.
How We Share Information
We will not sell your personal information for unaffiliated third-party marketing or solicitation. We may share your personal information with our affiliates and as needed to fulfill the purposes described in the “How We Use Information” section above, including:
- with the applicable buyer or seller with whom you are entering into an order or transaction, for purposes of confirming or facilitating such order or transaction (such as allergen information, delivery or pickup instructions, phone number for resolution of issues, etc.);
- with our service providers who assist us by, for example, processing payment card transactions, packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions, providing consulting services, data modeling, session monitoring and website analytics, printing, sending postal mail and processing membership orders, event registration, email distribution, website and systems hosting, and data storage (such providers are only permitted to use such personal information on our behalf);
- as necessary to exercise or defend our rights or comply with applicable law or orders from law enforcement and other governmental authorities; and
- to other third parties with your prior consent.
We have a relationship with This American Doc, a third-party network of doctors, therapists, and medical professionals. If you wish to connect with such professionals, we will share your personal information to facilitate such connection and your receipt of services from them. This American Doc may offer teleconferencing capabilities powered by VSee, a third party that provides a technology platform for such activities. If you use such capabilities, we will share your personal information with VSee to enable such activities. We do not control these third parties, and any personal information you provide to This American Doc, VSee, or any other third parties will be governed by their respective privacy policies, not this Policy.
Additionally, in the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, or transfer of all or substantially all of our assets or business, one of the assets that would generally be transferred is the data we have collected, which would be transferred subject to the applicable version of this Policy.
We may disclose technical information (which does not identify you personally) to any parties and for any purposes we deem appropriate.
We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to children under the age of 13. We do not offer any products or services for children under the age of 13. Additionally, if we become aware that we have collected data from children under the age of 13, we will take commercially reasonable efforts to promptly remove that information from our systems.
Data Retention, Access, and Security
We are based in the United States. By using the Sites, you consent to your personal information being transferred to and stored in the United States.We may retain your data so long as we can reasonably foresee the data may be required in connection with our business relationship with you. In some cases, we will retain the data for a longer period as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, follow records retention policies, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You may access and update your personal information by visiting your account profile or contacting us as set forth at the end of this Policy.
We use reasonable physical, organizational, and technical procedures designed to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security when dealing with internet connections. Please do not provide any sensitive personal information (like credit card number or social security number) through unprotected methods like email correspondence.
Some areas of the Sites may require the use of a user ID and password as an additional security measure that helps protect your information. Please keep your user ID and password secure, as we are not responsible for any unauthorized actions taken using your user ID and password.
Linking to other Internet sites
Our websites and emails may offer links to third party websites. These are offered for your information and reference. This Policy does not apply to third party sites or govern how they collect, use, or share any 4 personal information they collect from you. We do not control or endorse any third party sites. We recommend that you review the privacy statements of any third party sites you visit.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law entitles California residents to certain additional protections regarding personal information. For purposes of this section alone, “personal information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers: name and email address.
- Internet or other network activity information: Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data: We may receive geolocation data if you access the Sites with location settings enabled, and we may receive your IP address from which we can determine your general location.
- to request information regarding your personal information we have collected in the past 12 months (including the categories of personal information we have collected, the categories of sources of such information, and the purposes for which we have collected such information);
- notice of whether we have disclosed your personal information to third parties in the past 12 months (and if so, what categories of information we have disclosed, and what categories of third parties we have disclosed it to);
- a copy of your personal information collected by us in the past 12 months; and
- that your personal information be deleted.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of these rights. To make any of the above requests, please contact us as set forth at the end of this policy. We may require verification of your
identity before further processing your request. In certain instances, we may be permitted by law to decline some or all of such request.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.